"Off-the-shelf” product as OneCAR essentially is, is a more economic choice of cell therapy for patients suffering from cancer
Universal Cell Therapy against Highly Prevalent Targets
Universal, Economical, Safe, Ready to use
- Patient’s immune cells are disabled and unable to establish autologous cell drugs
- Individual medical centers cannot build a cell manufacturing system and medical staff may be overloaded.
- No drug available after precise diagnosis
- Universal: Design to avoid the allogeneic immune rejection
- Economical: Mass production by a central unit to reduce costs
- Safe: Design to improve safety and strengthen cell potency
- Immediately available: Prepared ahead in large quantities and ready for use upon request
In spite of great efficacy seen with clinically available autologous CAR-T therapies, there are few limitations. Autologous CAR-T therapy harvests T cells from patients. This means that the T cells from seriously-ill patients, may not be able to survive and expand well ex vivo. Those patients may thus unable to receive viable CAR-T cells with great functionality. This donor variation dilemma considerably limits the application of CAR-T therapy.
“Autologous” is another key impediment of CAR-T therapy. Autologous CAR-T is a customized treatment. Harvesting patient’s T cells, activate and genetically modify them, followed by expansion and infusion back into patients. The whole manufacturing process is only for the one specific patient. Naturally, the lengthy and labor-intense process is reflected by the sky-high price of CAR-T treatments. “Off-the-Shelf” is the future for CAR-T therapy and this is the consensus among the cancer immunotherapy community.
Using our proprietary technology, OneCAR™ is the next generation allogeneic CAR-T treatment. “One for Many” is the goal we aim to reach through OneCAR™ technology. As an allogeneic CAR-T therapy, OneCAR™ is derived from healthy donor with optimal efficacy and comprehensive safety profile. Furthermore, OneCAR™ serving as an “Off-the-Shelf” treatment, will benefit more patients, including those with compromised immune system. More importantly, with improved process development, OneCAR™ essentially is a more economic choice of cell-based immunotherapy for patients suffering from cancer.